can you hook your switch lite to the pc?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I do not think so. Even if you could, it wouldn't serve much of a purpose. If you want to back your photos and videos up, you can post them to social media.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

I have a better question.. why would one want to?

• 2 months ago

The only thing you can accomplish by connecting your Switch Lite to your PC will be to recharge the system.  Please be aware that the USB port will seriously determine how much power your PC will provide to the Switch.

* USB v2.x -- 2.5 w = 5 v @ 500 mA (0.5 A)

* USB v3.0 -- 4.5 w = 5 v @ 900 mA (0.9 A)

* USB v3.2 -- 7.5 w = 5 v @ 1.5 A

* USB-C (no PD) -- 15 w = 5 v @ 3 A

* USB-C PD v2/v3 -- 100 w = 5v @ 20 A

The Switch / Lite wants at least 18w for fast charging while off / sleeping & will charge while in use.  However, the "equilibrium point" is around 7.5 w where the the system can be getting enough power to play SOME games (typically the smaller, less demanding games) without draining the battery.  Anything UNDER 7.5 w will require you to turn off the system (or at the very least, place it in sleep mode) if you want to slowly recharge the system.  Since PC

YOU CANNOT PULL VIDEO FROM THE USB-C PORT OF THE SWITCH LITE!  The components to handle video was removed from the Switch Lite as a cost-cutting measure.  You'll need the standard Switch if you want to do this with your PC.

• 2 months ago

This was asked before with the same detail-less question.

You can connect them, but it won't do anything other than charge the Switch.

What problem are you planning on solving by doing this?  If we knew that then we could give a better answer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Probably would need a video capture device to hook to USB port of the computer.  Search Switch forums on that.  

While possible, I suspect the lag on the computer screen will be annoying and you will go back to a TV.

Source(s): I have a Pinnacle Dazzle that accepts composite video and goes out to USB, but have not used it since HDMI became mostly standard.
  • cmac'm
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

No. You can hook it up to your monitor though

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.