El asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 9 months ago

Which book of these two is more interesting?

Which book should I start reading first, Wuthering Heights or Dracula?

• Huh?
    Favorite Answer

'Wuthering Heights' is undoubtedly the better novel and would be best if you want a naturalistic story; 'Dracula' is more of a ripping yarn.  If I had to choose, I'd plump for WH.

• Tina

Why does it matter? however if you feel it does,read a few pages of each one and carry on with the one that catches your interest.

Or you could toss a coin.

Both are classics in their own way.

Leaving aside these two specific books, I do wonder why people keep asking 'which book' they should read 'first'. Just pick up the nearest one and read it, and when you come to the end, read the other one. Then pick up another, then another.

Real readers don't sit around fretting like this: they READ.

• Liz

I found Dracula too wordy. WH is better, imo. It's a tragic love story with a little supernatural  twist at the end.

• User

Dracula.

No contest.

Great story. True classic.

(Unlike "Frankenstein", which bored the crap out of me.)

• Marli

Dracula is a "horror" story. A vampire tale, and thus a fantasy.

Wuthering Heights has no supernatural characters. The characters in it want what they cannot have, and it apparently makes them crazy or profoundly depressed. Maybe the bleak surroundings - the moorland, the dark clouds - contribute to their mental states.

The one best way to find out which book is more interesting to you is to borrow them and read as much of them as you can.

• Andrew

"Wuthering Heights" is positively godawful. I've never understood how anybody could possibly enjoy it.