Is the worst enemy of rock music classical rock radio stations?

At least with jazz radio stations, they will play new jazz music. However, even the Rolling Stones can't get anything they have recorded in past thirty years on the radio. Thus it is easy to find the death of rock and roll on your FM dial when you listen to Satisfaction for the ten thousandth time. 

• Glen W
    Favorite Answer

If you're referring to short play lists, then yes. I'm really tired of the same 4 Led Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, the Who songs being beat into my skull along 6 Beatles songs, and maybe 2 Heart songs, and Alice Cooper once in awhile...

Source(s): Hell, maybe all those are oldies now?

I'm sure it's a fact that I have a far larger music collection than the average "classic rock" radio station.  Fortunately for Canadians, we have C.K.U.A., the University of Alberta station that plays a wonderful mix, even having some stuff that I don't.  

As to "Satisfaction", I'm sure I heard it more than 10K times just in 1965.  

No.  The worst enemy of newer rock music is itself.

Classic rock radio stations are called classic rock for a reason.  They're geared towards old farts (like me) who want to hear classic rock.  Those stations will play some new stuff, but only acts who are signed to a record label.  Radio stations are money-making businesses, and that's how business works.

The new rock acts don't want to hire a producer and sign recording contracts, because that's so yesterday and mainstream.  They want to be totally indie, out on the edge of civilization where the rules don't apply.  That's all fair and good, and congratulations to them for staying true to their rebellious spirit, but there's a catch.  There's always a catch, and in this case the catch is an age old solid rule that says you can't have it both ways.  And it is a rule.

If you're going to go all lone wolf with your music and shun the mainstream, you can't complain when your band doesn't achieve mainstream success.  It's nice to have over 100,000 YouTube followers, but YouTube doesn't provide limos and hotel rooms for anyone.  They don't promote world tours, they don't underwrite radio programs, and they don't do merchandise.  For the very lucky few, they don't do more than pay a few bills.  Only a good producer and a record label will do that, and only if they think the band will make them money.

If you can't find decent music beyond your POS radio that's your own damn problem 

Honestly I think there should be more rock radio stations strictly dedicated to the ongoing new releases of singles and promotional songs, like you mentioned. That way rock music releases by these artists is always fresh and relevant. I think they should be as abundant as pop stations whom update their playlists constantly.