Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 1 month ago

What does this sound like, I’m freaking out it’s pneumonia or bronchitis? Or no?

After dealing with the flu since last Friday, my fever has gone down mucus has subsided but I still have a dry cough and when I lay down mainly on my right I hear rumbling, slushy, goes through my back or chest kinda and like styrofoam sound into throat. I don’t have chest pains or really feel put out of breath I don’t get this when I lay down on my left really

• Tavy

No. I have had pneaumonia, you would feel terribly ill, have a fever and gasping for breath.

You have a normal chesty cough which most of us have had after flu.

That sounds like fluid in one of your lungs from the infection. Usually an active infection causes pain when you breathe. To clear that fluid, lie on your bed with your face over the edge facing the floor, so your body is higher than your head. Tilt your body so the affected ling is higher. Take a series of slow, very deep breaths. You should start coughing up fluid and phlegm to clear your lung. 

You might have a bacterial infection though, so you should check with a doctor who can listen to your chest and make a diagnosis. 

I have had pneumonia, and it is not pleasant. 

Let me deploy my xray vision for you

• Mark

It could be a combination of both.  (I know; I once had "walking pneumonia" and bronchitis at the same time.)  So go to a doctor or an "urgent care" facility and find out.