Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 5 months ago

Who invented Pizza?

I already know Italians created pizza, I mean what particular person invented pizza. So, you do NOT need to insult me, you goddamn worthless, pathetic loser!, and who do you think you are, that you can speak to me in that manner?.

Thank you to the other person who actually gave me a decent and real answer.

Thank you, that's very interesting.

• Joe
    Favorite Answer

It is widely attributed to baker Raffaele Esposito, who worked at "Pizzeria di Pietro", established in 1880. Though recent research casts doubt on this legend, the tale holds that, in 1889, he baked three different pizzas for the visit of King Umberto I and Queen Margherita of Savoy

Pizza was invented by Dr Eddie Pizza in 1982. He went into a rage and smashed all the plates in his restaurant, and this was the only way he could serve a meal to his customers. The customers loved it and decided to name the dish after him.

• geezer

Actually, the French had a dish called Pissaladerie .. and for many years before the Itallian Pizza too.

It was a mix of fried onion, olives, anchovies and cheese on a pastry base.

• Laurie

Every culture has some type of sandwich - one or more layers of “bread” with toppings or a filling: sub sandwich, taco, pizza, gyros, pierogis, won tons, and so on.

Actually, putting vegetables or meat on bread dough and then baking or grilling it has been around long before the Italians mentioned in another answer.    It's very common in many cultures (even if it's not called "pizza").    Ancient Greece, Persia...all over the globe people have been making pizza-like dishes from the beginning of recorded history.

• .

Legend has it that Italian King Umberto I and Queen Margherita visited Naples in 1889. There, Esposito was asked to make them a pizza. He topped the pizza with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and basil. That pizza is still known as Pizza Margherita today.