Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicOther - Music · 9 months ago

Did the mp3 destory the music industry?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

The music industry destroyed itself by resisting consumer demand and not staying relevant.  Consumers started ripping their own CDs and the industry's music began to go digital without them.

Digital MP3s improved music from a consumer perspective.  It's more convenient to buy it online and store your entire music collection on your MP3 player when you're on-the-go.  (Remember when you had to lug all those cassette tapes or CDs around with you and you could only listen to a single album from a single artist at any given time?)  

Even so, there are still a ton of improvements that could be made to make the system even better.

Attachment image
  • 9 months ago

If it will be destroyed to music industry, internet stream too.

• 9 months ago

Destroyed the industry as in how? People still listen to music and allways will, its just the way they obtain it has changed

• Snoopy
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

I agree I miss the walkman. Sony had nice ones with great headphones.. but to me no..it's improved as mp3 players last longer. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 months ago

No, but streaming did

• 9 months ago

Destroyed the Walkman industry

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

no, it helped people listen to it

• 9 months ago

no of course not.

• User
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

It hasn't done so yet

but it's certainly changed it.

The world wide web destroyed local music stores, where you buy hard-copy music

but mp3s came later.

• 9 months ago

The music industry is fine.  The MP3 destroyed the music distribution system, and streaming put the final nail in the coffin.

But artists still produce music, music production companies still produce it, and people still buy music in one way or another, either by streaming or buying MP3s, or some still buying CDs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.