From pressing the power button to displaying Dell logo takes 35 seconds. Too long! how do I shorten the time?

And my cheap HP laptop takes only 2-3 seconds -_-

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Steven
    Lv 4
    2 weeks ago

Click the Start button. In the search box, type msconfig, and in the list of results, right-click msconfig and select Run as administrator. In the System Configuration window, click the Startup tab. Uncheck the programs or applications that you want to disable from loading during startup and click OK! 

Attachment image
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Install a SSD.

• Lv 7
    1 month ago

but first, you might try unplugging all USB devices before pressing power on.

if that doesn't help, try resetting BIOS to defaults.

lastly, you can try updating or re-flashing the BIOS.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You are not providing enough information. What equipment are you using. How old is it? What software are you using? What programs are loaded? 35 seconds...not too bad when factors are taken into consideration. Don't shut it down...just "suspend"...which is what I am thinking your LAPTOP is actually DOING.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Try this test take the back of it off and unplug the hard drive. Then restart the computer and see how long it takes for the logo to appear. If it appears right away you know that it's bad hard drive. If that doesn't do anything unplugged the CD drive and test it the same way. If none of the peripherals have a problem after this test. Try new RAM sticks.

• 1 month ago

Defrag it. Check if your auto defrag could be turned off, turn it on and do a defrag manually one time.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Do a factory restore after backing up data you want to keep

• 1 month ago

i would take it to a computer store and let them fix it

• 1 month ago

set fast startup in the power options

remove any unwanted software

check and disable any processes that are not required

change to an SSD for the operation system disk

increase the memory and check paging sizes

defrag the hard disk

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.