asked in Cars & TransportationCommuting · 8 months ago

how many truck drivers (of these big semi trucks) are probably ex-convicts , drug users, etc?

was reading about how a truck driver was shot on the side of interstate during a "drug deal gone bad" and the truck driver had a criminal history i found out. and was wondering how many other semi truck drivers (and even UPS , FED EX drivers) are probably ex convicts, drug users too?

is that not scary too , how many drive like they do ? (fast, carelessly and selfishly?) these people are driving these huge trucks at 100 mph , running people off the road every day? why allowed?

yeah, and you want them coming onto your property , knocking on your door to leave you a package? (maybe stick it on the back porch even)

Favorite Answer

Class A drivers are regularly drug tested .

I can assure you that no USPS driver is a convicted felon. The USPS would never hire them. I also doubt there are many hired by any other trucking or delivery company. I have also never seen any semi traveling at 100 mph running people off the road. 

Do you drink coffee? Or take Aspirin(Tylenol, etc) YOU MY FINE FRIEND(I am kidding on the "fine") - are a DRUG USER so STFU.  Or take a sip of the HOLY WATER.   That is a mind altering drug.(altered from having a rational mind to the mind of a SHEEP)  (or even worse - DISCO MUSIC)

- "Running people off the road Everyday"?  Where are your STATS to back up your wild claim?   (If they were doing that - Then they could not be on time to make deliveries, could they?)

Even truck drivers who are not ex-cons have to take something to stay awake if they are given jobs which require too many hours of driving to get to their destination in time. Ex-cons have a tough time getting any jobs so I would imagine that not many can get a legitimate truck driving job easily. .

• Todd

Anybody can be an ex-con. Why single out truck drivers? That's a big leap in logic. I would think an ex-con wouldn't want to be a truck driver or have any job that has strict rules.

carefull  you are attacking amazon by dissing delivery (yes  the products are taken to warehouses by big rigs)  drivers!!  do you really want to get rid of truck drivers?  and who else would live in a truck for 50k a year?  not your neighborhood christian do goody

How many workers period that have ALL kinds of jobs could be what you assume. Another asinine questioner

I wonder how many people with sweeping assumptions to the point of insanity post on Yahoo!Answers? Probably a lot.