Why did they ask me for I’d when I buy alcohol I’m 25 ?

28 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

You probably look young

• chorle
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Because it is the law and they don't want to loss their liquor licence. I would ID everyone even people older than me. I admit the last time I was asked it was because I used a check or credit card but I am old enough to have children your age. 

• 8 months ago

because you probably look young, AND it is the law

• 8 months ago

You may appear younger, and it’s often the policy to request ID if uncertain.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

There was a rash of illegal alcohol purchases a few decades back, by theater arts majors. They apparently were really good with stage makeup. I was in my 30s when I was last carded and some stores make it a policy to card anyone who looks to be under 40. The penalty for selling alcohol to someone underage is severe.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

1 I'm 63 and get carded 99% of the time if I don't already have the card out. 2 Some places card to make sure you're not using a stolen credit card. 3 The clerk has to put up with jerks all day long; don't be one of them.

• 8 months ago

How do they know your age without looking at ID?

• Clive
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

How do they know you're 25 unless you show ID?  Some places ask everyone as a matter of routine.

At least I have an excuse.  My answer is "with THIS beard?"  (I'm 54 and it's mostly white.  When I've gone totally grey on top, it's gonna be a REALLY dumb question.)

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

If I were you I'd look at my question and then try to ask it again in English (either update itor post a fresh one.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

It is the law. I get asked at 32. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.