Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 month ago

How should I go about finding a companion for my bunny? ?

My bunny is about 7 months old. He is very sweet and calm around new people. He is unneutered and I don’t know how soon I’ll be able to afford to get him neutered. 

• Ocimom

Do not bring home another rabbit if your rabbit is not neutered.  He's mature now and will end up fighting another rabbit.

• patty

poor people should not be able to own a pet

• Amber

He needs to be neutered before putting another rabbit with him. A female he'll impregnant and another male he'll fight (even if the other male is neutered).

Once neutered another neutered male might work, but it would be best to get him a female for company. 

You'll have to work more hours to pay for it.

• patty
      1 month agoReport

get him neutered first. a tv vet said that rabbits get very lonely without another bunny for company,

Probably if you want to rescue a bunny going to a place which has bunnies to be adopted is a good start.

If you want to buy, go somewhere that sells bunnies.

I had a male rabbit, unneutered, that someone left at my front door in a carry cage.  He hated every other rabbit in the world.  He did NOT need a companion.

I fail to see what getting a second rabbit has to do with this "bunny" being sweet and calm around people.

Cat him a cat, in the end you will enjoy the cat much more.

You might consider an adult ball python.

I'm sure they'll get along just fine. 

• Nathan

Until you can get him neutered and vaccinated (they need yearly vaccinations), you can not get him a companion. You'll also need to make sure you can give them 6 square feet of space each, so 12 square feet when together, as that's the smallest any can live in (the recommended is much higher) and they will fight if there isn't enough space.

Even when introducing two males together, they must both be neutered to avoid territorial aggression - once your male is nuetered, if you can afford vaccinations and get visits for both every year, you should look for females for adoption (they are usually spayed). If you can not afford vet bills and do not have enough space, then you should seriously consider rehoming your current one before he ends up being neglected - as a lack of space is neglect

• Nathan
      1 month agoReport

Uh, no thanks but feel free to do so yourself seeing as nobody asked for your unhelpful input