What’s good for headache?

• David
    Favorite Answer

OK, I have the best answer for this, whether it is chosen as best answer or not.  I suffered with severe migraines for many years.  At one point, I had several prescriptions to prevent migraine headaches and (in case the prevention didn't work) to treat them, as well.

My migraines were severe enough to be debilitating.  Like, I literally could not perform normal functions like eating, sleeping, taking showers...and I couldn't even THINK about trying to drive, or go to work.

There is no such thing as headache, the proper term is migraine.  However, for what people usually refer to as headache, 1st aid is EXACTLY as follows:

2 aspirin PLUS

2 tylenol

Wash those four pills down with a full cup of regular coffee or regular coke/pepsi/Mt. Dew (some kind of caffeine beverage)

Aspirin is somewhat effective at treating headaches

Tylenol does NOTHING for headaches (by itself)

Caffeine can sometimes help a little bit with headaches

But the reason you take all three is that the tylenol and the caffeine will both super-charge the aspirin, making the aspirin 1000% more effective at treating the "headache"

You can also buy this first aid in pill form at any pharmacy.  Two examples are "excedrin migraine" and "excedrin extra strength".  Most pharmacies carry a store brand that is much cheaper, also.  The ingredients should list aspirin, acetaminophen (tylenol) and caffeine

Just pop two of those, and wash it down with a can of coke.  You should be feeling fine within about an hour.

But note....if your migraine is strong enough to not respond to 2 of the excedrin extra strength OR...if you are getting migraines every day...

For either of those situations, you need to see a doctor.  He might prescribe a low-dose anti-depressant (to prevent migraine) or imitrex (to treat migraine)

But me, I don't go anywhere without a bottle of aspirin and a bottle of tylenol.  I don't get severe migraines anymore, and I don't get migraines very often anymore.  But when I do get a migraine, I grab a soda and pop the aspirin and tylenol, 2 pills each.

• Jim

Aspirin or Tylenol.  I use aspirin as acetaminophen doesn't work for me.

I take two paracetamols.

• Iambi

When I have a headache I find sex relives it quietly nicely!

• Mark

Ibuprofen, WATER (yes, that's very important; "dehydration" is a major cause of headache), massage, acupuncture, aspirin.

Dehadaration is pretty effective way of getting a headache, but there are many other ways to get one.

Aspirin or Ibuprofen