does anyone else miss the ''wild west'' days of the internet?

around the early 2000's up to about 2014 - everything felt free then, the internet felt unrestricted, there seemed to be a lot more websites run by ordinary people around...piratebay, limewire, peer2peer software, frostwire...youtube was free and expression was free, and it wasn't owned by google...big tech giants didn't rule the roost.....you could download anything.....i really miss those times.

Favorite Answer

Agree 100%. Pirate Bay... e-mule! lol... The Green Era here in Yahoo Answers... those were the days...

• keerok

Krrrsssshhh, zzzing, ping, ping, ping...

Nah! I can still get by nowadays with lots of free things. I hate those wild west days. Too slow.

• John

Your claims are full of huge holes.

• OP is a spam troll who will keep asking the same BS questions over and over again.

What I miss from that period of time is the community building on Usenet, where I got to know quite a few very interesting people and we were on those newsgroups due to shared interests.

sci.military.naval and sci.space.history were two of my favorite groups.