Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 1 month ago

How do you deal with Ballet Tights as a male ballet dancer?

Hi, I'm starting to do ballet as a guy, but I'm pretty nervous at the prospect of wearing tights for class. How do I get over the embarrassment that I know is coming?

Favorite Answer

It is doubtful you will have to wear them. At least not as a beginner. Standard male ballet attire in class is a white tee shirt, black ballet shorts or black leggings  (over a dance belt) and white socks with either white or black ballet  slippers. You need to check with your school to see if they have a dress code.  

You won't be wearing tights. Female ballet dancers do but guys wear white t shirts and black leggings.

• mintchips49
      1 month agoReport

Male ballet dancers do wear men’s ballet tights. However that is rarely required for beginners. If he is in a serious school he may be required to wear them. Especially on stage. 

I love watching men in tights! Especially if they get aroused a bit. So entertaining, and exposing. 

Wear a blonde, frizzy wig, a clown's red nose, pink Doc Marten's boots and a mongoose costume that's about 6 sizes too big. You'll be so embarrassed by that lot that you'll forget about the tights.