For those with a Desktop computer still using W.7 Have you yet noticed any problems? I have Bullguard and was told there were?

some Windows upgrades needed which I loaded - and that took FOREVER! Otherwise all seems the same so I'm not rushing into W.10 which I tried when it was offered free early days, and hated it. I went back to W.7 and am in no huge hurry to change and for sure, not to buy a new computer!!

I have Windows 7 Professional.

@ Dave.   Your comment about Bullguard is interesting.  I only went with that when, after Norton put their subscription up considerably, my local IT man in town loaded it for me for £30 which included a tune up for my computer.  It means I have to go back later this year if I want to continue with Bullguard which I'm not especially keen to do.  What antivirus etc. do you recommend then?    I was told that Banks may eventually not allow non W10 users access because of security.

• Dave

As time goes on, certain features will no longer work. Chrome and the other browsers will eventually stop working. Antivirus will stop working. Vendors who make software no longer support windows 7, unless they are desperate for business and will continue to offer a service that no one else bothers too due to it being end of lifed.

Eventually a security issue will arise, and there will be no fix for it. A vulnerability. Which will leave you wide open to attack.

As for Bullguard, it's garbage. I seriously hope you're not paying for that crap. Most reviews put it at 2 out of 5 stars. Yuck.

• Marduk

1/14/2020 was the last FREE support day and I doubt they cared how long the update took. You will be getting splash screens telling you to update, as I understand it. My W7 machine is offline for a specific function, so I really don't care one way or the other. I have a desktop and laptop with W10.