Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 1 month ago

My genital warts are a reminder of being sexually assaulted?

It was by a now ex friend who didn't use protection

I'm getting treatment to get rid of the warts but it taking ages and they may come back 

How can I feel better? 

Favorite Answer

Every time you think of the assault, turn those emotions against your assailant instead of yourself.  Those warts are not from something you did - you are not responsible for them.  What the warts represent is the fact that your assailant is a pathetic, selfish rapist.  You will not let those warts bother you because your assailant is such a weak unimportant loser that you refuse to to be bothered by anything he  ever did or said.  That's one way to deal with it. 

I'm so sorry for your experience. 

Counseling is something you should think about to help you past the emotional trauma and I'm dealing with what happened.

There is some LIMITED research that Active Hexose Correlated Compound (AHCC) supplement MIGHT be a cure for warts.

Also please keep in mind that HPV (the virus that causes genital warts) is EXTREMELY common and most have it by middle age.