Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationAircraft · 3 months ago

T or F --The DEATH of the AIRCRAFT SECTION started on the day that ''AVIOPHAGE" was bullied into leaving. lt's been all downhill since then?

• zipper

FALSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

False. Went nothing but Up Hill since PM and  China Mail  guy left.

My instructors in my  A & P class used to get a good laugh from some of these "answers".

BTW,  why does EAA think I want to "join " them? send credit card offers?, 

False.

The *whole* Yahoo Answer has been going downhill since Trump got elected and his MAGA maniac trolls took over.

YA is pretty much a troll website.  Go to a real aviation forum if you have any aviation questions.

You have Pearl answering "my car does not start" questions here.  That says it all.

If you still think otherwise, just go to the Politics category. 

There was another problem. It's part of aviation. Egos! Pilots think they are gods. It was normal for them to ridicule ignorant people asking questions that they thought were obvious. Or to ridicule an individual if they did not know the answer.Or ridicule  the general public for asking questions generated by a non technical savvy media. Calling kids names and suggesting they do their own searches didn't help. I'm sure Skipper had volumes of accurate information, but he wasn't a good representative for aviation. He obviously misrepresented  himself on multiple occasions. He didn't know that PSA was the largest operator of MD-80s and that 727-200 tended toward tail tipping. He recommended shooting down drones, with firearms while over populated areas. This lack of real world knowledge and demonstration of poor judgement carried over into his answers to curious children. Truly sad. He could have been inspirational instead of ridiculing innocent kids. The same can be said for most smart a$$ed answers. I guess I'm guilty too. It's probably too late to fix it. "You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube".  Please don't put the blame on a single individual. This attitude has been part of aviation for decades.

• Bill

False.  It's never been uphill.  

• Kieth

Aircraft enthusiasts don't like trolls, and blathering false stories about a Chinese supersonic passenger biplane stirs up a lot of dissent.

• Brian

There's an aircraft section?