Lv 5
Cathy asked in TravelAir Travel · 8 months ago

If a United States' person loses his passport in Ghana what should he do if he has a return airline ticket to the United States???

6 Answers

  • A.J.
    Lv 7
    8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    Here you go. The US Embassy website in Ghana. There is US Citizen Services including getting a replacement passport.

    No. 24, Fourth Circular Rd., Cantonments, AccraP.O. Box GP 2288Accra, GhanaPhone: +233 (0) 30 274 1000

    If you made it through airport security and actually got on the plane, you get stopped at Customs and Immigration, taken aside, and expect at least an all-day event proving who you are and getting in someone to vouch for you. Expect to be treated like a terrorist, because they don't know otherwise. It's annoying enough to get stopped over a packet of beef jerky.

  • 8 months ago

    ANY person that loses their passport contacts first local police to report the loss and then their governments consular/embassy officials for replacement documentation.

    The consular staff can assist in getting documentation that allows you to return home.

    Having a return ticket is a minor issue but does help in confirming your need for speedy assistance.

    @A.J. has given you the link for the assistance place in Ghana.

    IF there is time it could be a replacement passport or just an emergency travel document to get you home ( back to your country).

  • MS
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

    Contact the US Embassy in Ghana to facilitate a replacement. 

  • 8 months ago

    Go to the U.S Embassy

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

    Go to the nearest US consulate and talk to them to make arrangements.  You will need a passport even if you already have your airline ticket (that is independent of crossing borders legally).

  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

    He contacts the US embassy in Ghana who will provide him with emergency travel documentation.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.