Can you eat applesauce if your diabetic?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I think they sell sugarless or no added sugar applesauce, but fruit still contains fructose.

• 8 months ago

A diabetic can eat or drink anything. How much of course will depend on the rest of that particular diabetic's diet, exercise and meds (if used) and willingness to test to make sure which foods/drinks and the amount consumed, that have the most impact on their BG levels, are not eaten often.

I can eat apple sauce, in most forms, from home made to store bought. But I don't need meds or insulin, so I opt for making my own. That way I can know how much added sweetener is added, the type of sweetener and other spices are added. 

You may find that apple sauce and similar foods are not a good idea for you at your current level of BG control. That is something you will need to work with your Healthcare team and family or group support. 

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

if it's not a lot of sugar. My sister is diabetic and she still drinks coke when she gets the chance.(and i feel kind of bad) But it really depends on how much sugar you're willing to intake. I think if it's less sugar then before you were diabetic then ur on a good path.

• 8 months ago

yea in portions

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Marc
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Not a good idea as it is high in sugar

• Olive
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

They can yes but best option would be the unsweetened kind

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.