Can you eat applesauce if your diabetic?

Favorite Answer

I think they sell sugarless or no added sugar applesauce, but fruit still contains fructose.

A diabetic can eat or drink anything. How much of course will depend on the rest of that particular diabetic's diet, exercise and meds (if used) and willingness to test to make sure which foods/drinks and the amount consumed, that have the most impact on their BG levels, are not eaten often.

I can eat apple sauce, in most forms, from home made to store bought. But I don't need meds or insulin, so I opt for making my own. That way I can know how much added sweetener is added, the type of sweetener and other spices are added. 

You may find that apple sauce and similar foods are not a good idea for you at your current level of BG control. That is something you will need to work with your Healthcare team and family or group support. 

if it's not a lot of sugar. My sister is diabetic and she still drinks coke when she gets the chance.(and i feel kind of bad) But it really depends on how much sugar you're willing to intake. I think if it's less sugar then before you were diabetic then ur on a good path.

yea in portions

• Marc

Not a good idea as it is high in sugar

• Olive

They can yes but best option would be the unsweetened kind