Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Is it normal to cry every night about my mom who passed away 3 years ago? ?

So I’m 15 and my mum passed away when I was 12. She passed away from a heart attack suddenly so I had no warning. I don’t think there had been one night since she died where I didn’t cry, wondering what my life would have been like if she was still here. I get angry and jealous whenever I see someone with their mum. I miss her so bad it physically hurts. I haven’t tried counselling because I find it hard to open up to people. Will the pain ever become bearable, and is it normal to cry every night? 

Sounds like your mother was a wonderful  person in your life and you miss her very much. You had 12 years together when your paths went in different directions. What would she want for you? to be sad because it was her time to move on? Or would she want her child to go on to make her proud taking what she has taught you in the time you had together and do good things with your life that she has given you 15 years ago? It is your time to shine. Remember the memories think of her often she will live on through you but dont sit still while the world spins around you. Do something with your life that will make both your mother and you proud. She would not want you to hurt.It is time for you to grow. Time will drag us all along kicking and screaming. We can go with the flow and find our own way to surf the changing times. Or go against it and get battered tattered torn and tired...until we learn..the universe will have its way. Do good be kind to others make a difference.

...I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I know it physically hurts and I will pray for you.  I feel as if the answers here are unsympathetic. The best way to cope with pain is if you're religious consider prayer because you're not alone with Christ. He gives you peace that is not of this world. 

Matthew 8:22 "Follow Me, and let the dead burry their own dead."

You may also consider grief counseling to start with, because honestly talking about your pain really helps. They give you tactics to cope with it, it is normal to cry every night and the pain does get better but only time will tell. 

hello i don't know if this work do you remer which films you mum like the most ,if you do try and get them, i did that with my i try wish i never said anything with robin hoodin the pic house if i knew what happen i could stop it from happen 

Listen ti Lili.  Do like she suggests. Good luck....it will get better. No doubt.

• Tony1 month agoReport

ment i want be like that i had that at college the first time evetyone in my class all going to same college it pain up the *** i ment they don't like me and spoil it for me i will last a day with them. i can understand if you loose you mum i loose my five years ago i miss her so much that was 

• Lili

By now, you should have come to terms with her death and be moving forward, even though you'll never forget the loss.

You REALLY need grief counseling.   Just posting your distress here isn't going to help.  Ask your father or legal guardian to help you arrange to see a therapist, preferably one who works with young people who've lost parents.

It may be hard to open up, but this will be a private experience with someone who is empathetic and trained to help you.

You mourn as long as you need to, anon

You've suffered an unfortunate loss at a young age and are having trouble adjusting toit. It's sad that this happened although you'll become an adult in a short time and, although you miss your mother dearly, and always will, you must get on with the rest of your life. I'm sorry for your loss and wish you the best of luck in the future.

im sorry for your loss, i really feel for you. but dont worry the pain will eventually become bearable. everything in life takes time, wounds heal. its not normal to cry every night, i know u probably dont like the idea of counselling but it can really help you so i think u should try it.

Grief is definitely a process. This site explains it:

https://grief.com/the-five-stages-of-grief/

You also need to come to terms with death:

http://www.kabbalah.info/bb/what-happens-when-you-...

Good Luck

• Tavy

You DO need grief Councelling, you can say as much or as little as you like.

Your Mum would not like to see you like this.

Your Doctor will refer you.

UK