Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 1 month ago

Do I have a right to be mad?

So I started a job as an accountant in a software company back in june. I mainly reported to a senior accountant. She's nice and chill and all. From June to now, I got to learn the processes, little bit more as I go and all. Every few months I would ask her if I was doing ok, if I was progressing well, as well as if I was asking to many questions or not. She would be like yeah, you're fine, there's a learning curve, but you're good etc. Anyways, today, her boss, invites me to his office with an HR person and they say that I haven't been meeting expectations, according to her, and that they want to follow up in a month. Basically preparation for an improvement plan. It really annoys with me because I was following up with her every month or so to make sure I was doing ok, and I even told her if I wasn't to let me know you know. Plus I deal with so many imcompetent people which she knows as well. Her complete lack of communication pisses me off. She has no idea to manage. The company is a mess and half the people there don't do theyre jobs. This is the first I'm hearing off it in the entire time I've been here. 

No, you don't have a "right" to be mad but your feelings are hurt so find another job if it's that bad.

You have a right to be mad ONLY at yourself.  It was not your manager's place to review you.  It was her boss's place - as you learned.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.

You are blaming others for your problems.