How much does Best buy charge to install internal SSD into x box one x ?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Defend on how big and what kind of SSD you wanted to use.

And not all technician can do it for sure. Welcome..!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

nothing, because it isn't possible to do that. buy a ps4 and do it yourself.

• 1 month ago

You can ask but most likely they won't do it as the Xbox One X HDD is not designed to be upgraded.

You CAN do it and it requires almost a full disassembly of the console, but you also have to manually partition the drive in a way the system recognizes and there's no official tools to do this.

Best Buy being as big a company as they are works closely with manufacturers such as Microsoft and is only allowed to use approved tools. Since there's no approved tool to partition an Xbox One HDD then they would not technically be able to do it.

Furthermore if something goes wrong, you can't simply swap parts out of an Xbox as easily as you can a computer so there's a significant risk to even trying it that most Best Buys probably would prefer to avoid, since a broken Xbox would mean they have to replace the whole thing.

• Lv 7
    1 month ago

why do you not call and ask them? cut out the middle man.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Probably more than what the SSD costs, unless you go with a 2tb drive.

I'm not certain it's worth it because both Sony and MS are most likely coming out with new consoles later this year..... unless there is some kind of production delay.

• TomB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I'd probably call the geek squad at your local B/B and ask instead of getting guesses from Yahoo Answers.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

From where I am, there are stores that install it for free if you buy the SSD from them.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I'll do it for $80. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

90 dollars.................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.