Dan asked in TravelOther - Destinations · 6 months ago

Can you name the countries that are least/most dangerous in the world?

He know, I have not travelled much during psst years and would love to travel around the world. But I don't know which countries that are most recommended and then countries that have to avoid. So I'd like you to list the recommended countries that I can go to and then you have to list countries that I have to avoid to go. 

... "and then you have to list countries" ...

No, we don't. We don't 'have to' do anything you ask, although we may help you out of the goodness of our hearts.

• Shark

I have been all over this planet and never had any problems - use common sense and don't walk around with an expensive wristwatch or camera and dress modestly if you are female - never look like you got money on you. Go with a tour group or stay in a resort with a 4-star rating at least . On one of my trips I left my wallet on the seat - upon entering the connecting plane I spoke to the pilot and he made a call and ten minutes later somebody came running with my wallet and everything was there.This happened in the south Pacific on the way to Palau.

Iceland is very safe and so is Japan. South Korea is safe. The only problem is that these countries lack diversity and multiculturalism.

there nowhere thats truly safe ..just getting there can kill you ..most will state america and gun crime etc ..i have visited 36 states ..never had a single problem ..iv`e walled through central park on my own at night ..fine ..when i was building in the pyrenees ..france ..i was struck by a driverless tractor !..me?  i trust that angel on my shoulder 

• John

1600 gun deaths in America in the 2+ weeks of 2020. 30 people under 17. True, only almost 700 were likely crimes. That's nearly 350 a week.

No one can guarantee you complete safety anywhere. However, most places in the world are safer than most places in the US, in terms of the crime rate. Millions of Americans travel to most areas of the world all the time- I have friends currently posting beautiful travel pictures from Zimbabwe, Africa, Paris, France, Panama, and China. I know a couple of people who have been pickpocketed in various places, and one who fell off a curb in Paris and broke her leg. None have experienced violent crime. Generally, the countries where the standard of living is fairly even have the lowest rates of crime- places like Scandanavia, Japan, Germany, Canada. But tourists are rarely the targets of violent crime or terrorism anywhere. So just travel and enjoy. 

Avoid those that are currently war zones.