Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 month ago

Is the AR-15 the worst for home defense because the cops will take it away, so are shotguns better?

Or would you rather have it or an AK-47 for non suburban warfare defence?

Semi-auto legal registered.

Favorite Answer

No way, in fact a pregnant mom killed 3 hispanic armed intruders who pistol.whiped her husband and hospitalized him. She even killed the intruders out side the home as they fled. So the AR is the best to use. It cannot go through walls! These dummies answering do not know anything!

Only the AK47 can go through walls.

Unless you are talking about a plain sheet of modern drywall. A 30 round clip obviously Increases your changes, but it is very easy to miss with an AR at a distance. The shot gun never fails if you have good aim. So ideally you want both and a loaded hand gun for back up.

All my firearms are always loaded. Your next problem, is if your dog or dogs are mauling some one, you will need to hesitate to fire. Getting them off the intruder will be the tricky part. I've rambled on a bit, but this was a neat question.

• david
      4 weeks agoReport

Both can easily go through a typical wall, especially in a house. 

Jesus, people answering. Who is dumb e enought to shoot through walls anyway.

I prefer AK-47, AR-15 use varmint round, too small for medium game. 

• Phil

I don't think to much about it. I have all 3.

Probably not the best choice, but people have defended their homes with them.  To me, the power is just as much a problem.  That is a powerful round to be firing in a residential neighborhood.  Another advantage of a shotgun is that is powerful up close, but losses energy quickly.

• BBean

Yes, the standard AR with 5.56/.223 is the worst defense ever....soooo, now I have an AR upper chambered for .458 SOCOM. Thanks for asking.

• 4 weeks agoReport

Lol

The problem with an AR or any kind of rifle is moving thru the house. If your plan is to stay in the bedroom, covering the door and calling the cops then I would say great. But most people are of the "go see what the noise is" kind of mentality. So as you move thru your own home the barrel goes thru the doors first. An intruder on the other side could easily grab the barrel and push it away from himself. Even if he does not and you fire, the 223 round can easily go thru walls, even thru outside walls and will endanger those on the other side. Be a bummer to shoot at an intruder, miss and kill you own kid in the next room. The shotgun does not have the risk of penetrating the walls but it still has that barrel sticking out. I feel a hand gun is best IF you are going to check out the noise. There is little for the intruder to grab and it is less likely to penetrate walls. My arrangement is I have night lights outside the bedroom. If I hear a noise I can grab my gun, take cover behind the bed, call 911 and see if someone is coming towards the bedroom as they will be back lit by the night lights. He will not be able to see me because I do NOT turn on a light in the bedroom. I just aim at the door. If he comes in, I will fire. If he does not, then I am not at risk. (No kids.) The key point is to think things out as to where the bedrooms are, where is the staircase, what will the kids do if they hear a noise? Did you talk out a plan with the family ahead of time?

Worst?  Why do you think the military uses it?  But just keep thinking that if it makes you feel better.

• Satan

Both are quite noisy

Much better to booby trap the door - A mains cable can be used in both fun and interesting ways.

Afterwards, the body can be disposed of with little to no incriminating evidence left behind.

• 4 weeks agoReport

Your booby trap can harm you or kids

Guns are so bad Huns are so bad and dangerous

• miyuki & kyojin
      3 weeks agoReport

Attila the Hun was very dangerous. Guns are great for self-defense. Guns are dangerous to criminals who attack you. CNN brainwash you badly!