Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsMy Yahoo · 1 month ago

My 2 year old keeps imitating my mother in law who puts her hand on the side of her head saying, "Oh God!! Oh no!!!" It's weird!!!?

What do I do to get him to stop saying that weird stuff?!

• Teva

Just tell him to stop doing it, and explain that every time he does, you're not prepared to interact with him in any way. He'll see negative consequences attached to certain actions that he has control over, and stop doing it. That's my theory anyway 🙂

• y

They will grow out of it eventually, only time you really need to address these mocking moments. Are when they are not appropriate.  Otherwise, chalk it up to being cute or something. I'd be finding that adorable, not so when the MIL does it.

• y
      1 month agoReport

Exactly when the kids start repeating things like that from their parents, that is when you address it. Great example,

People say that all the time now every time they look out into the world. It's ok.