Do realtors know when they are working with sex offenders?! ?

Curious to know if sexy offenders have to inform realtors since they have certain regulations they must follow as far as being certain distances from schools and such. If they know then should we hold them responsible for placing sex offenders into family communities?! 

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

when you hire somene they have to verify everything

• Login to reply the answers
  • R2D4
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

no...................................

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Interesting question!  But I do know the answer.  Realtors aren't in any way responsible for vetting people selling or buying homes.  They handle the legal and other aspects of the actual sale.  With sex offenders, THEY are the ones responsible for making sure they don't violate any terms of their probation or sentencing, and this starts with registering their address.   When you think about it, this could be extended into all sorts of things.  If there's a church a block from a school, does the minister or priest need to make sure nobody in that church is a sex offender?  

• ...Show all comments
    • Ding Dong
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

@SimplytheFACTS yes they do, hence why you don't need to know about strangers, they rarely are strangers.

• 1 month ago

sexy???  i doubt they must disclose to the realtor.  the buyer/renter can wait for the realtor suggest the house and then make up an excuse (maybe they just don't want to be close to a school because of traffic and noise).  if i were a realtor, I would be checking the registry for every client..after all, I would be alone with them.

realtors don't place people, they just sell/rent homes.

• ...Show all comments
    • SimplytheFACTS
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

hey ACE, pedos gain the parents trust....they usually aren't strange boogey men..you trust the nice old man next store to watch your kids while you run an errand.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

No, generally not unless said offender mentioned it, which they don't have to. The Offender, and they only, are responsible for following the laws about where they can be, etc.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I doubt there's a universal law requiring sex offenders to legally have to disclose that info to a realtor.

• Melissa1 month agoReport

Thank you. Makes sense. 

• 1 month ago

Sex offenders can live wherever they want...sad but true.  There are prohibitions about proximity to schools...but they could just say they dont like kids and avoid informing the realtor.  

• ...Show all comments
    • ron h
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

ding dong, you're wrong.  Many times people are listed for life, sometimes for BS charges, sometimes for monsters.  That's one of the reasons that men who are falsely accused of crimes fight so hard.

• 1 month ago

Realtors can help them buy/rent wherever they want.  It would be the sex offenders responsibility to register.

• 1 month ago

There is no law against helping sex offenders buy/rend a residence.  When there is you question would then become valid.

• 1 month ago

Why so you can harass them? How do you expect them to rehabilitate if they can't live normal? Most people don't need to know. Most paedophiles abuse a relative or someone they know, mostly a stranger won't grab your kids if you supervise them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.