Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 month ago

My mother is O-, my Dad's I don't know, and I am AB+-, idk which, it had both signs by what I remember.?

I was born 4-5 months premature, my mom was on bed rest in the hospital to make sure I wasn't miscarried. I only saw my blood type because I looked at my pediatricians laptop which had my record on it, so idk what the problem was.

I think you should get your blood typed again. Then you can find out your mom's blood type. It's not clear what your question is. If your mother had O- and your father had positive, she would have received a shot that would prevent any problems.

Thanks for sharing your misconception on your blood type, which cannot be +/-.  What's your question?   (Side note for SnowFlake - of course blood typing is routine, particularly for an Rh- mother who needs a second Rhogam shot if the baby is Rh+.  But regardless, blood typing is absolutely routine and put immediately into the child's medical record.)

What is your question?

You can't be positive and negative, it's one or the other so clearly whatever you read was either not to do with blood type, or you've got it wrong. 

What's the question exactly?

• y

Pretty sure you have some info crossed so I'd get that straightened out first. Almost sounds like you are trying to figure out if dad is dad. You can get paternity testing kits fairly cheap at walmarts and drug stores and such. Wouldn't be all that difficult for you to figure out  how to get what you would need and send it in. If you are in the US 1 in three are calling the wrong man dad anyways.  None of that matters though, dad is the one who raises you, right or wrong.

If your mother is O- and you are AB + or -, check again; it's an impossible combination.

And btw, no one can be both + and -

Cheers.

No such thing as 5 months premature and why was your blood type even done it isn't routine.