Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 month ago

What do people think of artistic people who sound ditsy when talking cause they cant express themselves verbally well?

Favorite Answer

You have a good point. When I was leading tours at a museum, people would ask, "What did the artist say this picture was about?" My answer was usually something like "If the artist could have expressed meaning through words, he/she would have been a writer. Artists express meaning through their art."

• 1 month agoReport

Great point

I think, 'What a pity they can't string a sentence together but luckily I'm only here for the music/play/paintings so it doesn't matter'.

My husband and I are career classical musicians.  We also think That we both are articulate about our art.  When we write the programs for our concerts, we include a few sentences to help guide the listener in each work.  But yes - the major vehicle of expression is the work itself, as presented through performance.  A painting or sculpture does not change - but your insight does.  Music is never exactly the same in the players' interpretation - unless they are hacks, and on auto pilot! We have a duo concert Sunday.  Yesterday (Thursday) was the dress rehearsal. Some of the few people there, working, were moved by what we played - but Sunday or will be different by small gradations, whether we plan that or not.  No two people hear the same concert - and nobody hears the same live performances the same way, twice.  

I don't care if artists can't talk about their art, I'm interested in the art.  If it could be expressed in words we wouldn't need the art.  Self expression takes on many different forms and I'm OK with that.

P.S. - Most artists, perhaps not all, are actually quite articulate about their work.

I think they’re thickos

• Mamianka
      1 month agoReport

Rubber. . .  Glue. . .