Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysChristmas · 3 months ago

Wondering what others think of receiving a card for Christmas which tells you that the person has donated to a charity as a 'gift' for you ?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I think it is an excellent idea for a Christmas gift

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

can I have the receipt for my taxes... IF NOT IT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING AT ALL.. YOU CHEAP ASSS BASSTARD...

• denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Well its good that the charity has benefitted from this.

• GB
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

If the person is someone that I normally exchange gifts with, I would make a note  to do the same for them next year. I would also think they should have told me they were planning to do it, before sending the card, and could keep the 'surprise' , as their chosen charity.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

I think that is great for giving is the greatest part of Christmas as well as Christ. 

• I care
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Have had this happen,  my dear deceased mother in-law donated to a charity in the name of one of my sweet brothers that passed......Very thoughtful.

Apparently there was a reason for this to happen in your name.....

• Da
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

I would appreciate the card, but not the donation.

I don't like it when people assume they can make decisions for me, which includes using my personal information.

• 3 months ago

As long as it 's a charity I like, I'm fine with it. 

• 3 months ago

I want to say that I have nothing against giving donations to charity..but my family all received a card to say that eg..something was donated to someone in another country (as a gift for us )

I guess I was disappointed after being available to help this family member every time she needs something..to find that my 'gift'was not something that was for 'me'..just something she gave most of the other family (imcluding teenagers who thought it a bit strange)

Does that

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.