How come I and others keeping commenting on the maniacal ramblings of a troll?

I keep vowing to stop commenting, becauseI think I just add fuel to the fire. If no one responded to him, I think he would vanish into the ether. At one time I honestlythought I could help him. Why do you comment on his fantasies?

• Judith
    Favorite Answer

Usually I ignore him.  Once in a blue moon I might answer one of his questions but it's been awhile.  He's not worth my time; I prefer wasting my time on fun stuff.

I suspect you and others who answer him are just trying to inform anyone else who is reading the answers.  That's why I sometimes answer questions about social security and/or SSI even though I know someone is trolling - because so much misinformation is out there about both programs.  It's to give information to someone who might benefit from it as opposed to my answering the troll thinking the troll would find it useful.

• Ann

I quit responding to him as well.  I felt, like you did, that he might listen to reason if it was explained to him.  However, his rantings have gotten so far out of hand within the last few months, I am finished.  I wish someone would turn him in to Yahoo, so he would be permanently banned.  I know there are ways to track a person's IP address, but I don't know how it's done.  I might occasionally respond to people who write comments, but I'm not engaging him at all. 

Are you referring to that "autistic" guy?  I wish somebody would give that obnoxious jerk a swift kick in the brains!

I respond and bash him in order to get him mad and to fire back. The more he posts maniacal, rants and threats, the more incriminating evidence there is to prosecute him. I'm trying to get him arrested and to accomplish that, provoke him to get an response from him. Do you want to put an end to all of this ?? Then let me and other people do our work to get it done.

Stay in school, kid, and try remedial English.