Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 1 month ago

Is it a ominous sigh that when you buy consumer goods today there is always a "Made-in-China" tag attached to the item?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • D50
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

It just shows how China has America by the short hairs. Any time they want to cause a crisis in America, all they have to do is stop shipping some necessity that we no longer make. For instance, what if China decided America would get no Christmas tree lights next fall when they would normally be delivered to merchants? OMG! No Xmas! It's easy to think of stunts that would have even bigger effects.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

caveat emptor;vf[blfplbpflbpflb

• RP
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There is nothing ominous about specifying the source country for goods.

• 1 month ago

Where have you been? It's been that way for decades. However, it's now changing because the standard of living has risen in China, and labor costs along with it. Many companies have now moved their manufacturing to other countries like Vietnam or Cambodia. I was in a hotel recently where all the towels were made in Colombia- another country with cheap labor available, and lower shipping costs. In the 1980s, we thought Japanese cars were going to put US companies out of business. That didn't happen, the cost of labor rose and with it the cost of Japanese cars, and US cars became competitive again. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Ominous?  Not to me.  It is simply a fact.  China is (in many respects) in the developmental stage that the US went through in the first half of the 20th century.  China will have its day in the sun just as the US did.  Then some other country will replace it.  Eventually, the people will want reasonable labor laws and environmental laws and some share of the economic pie, and when that happens, they will price themselves out of the cheap labor zone.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I respectfully suggest that you find a dictionary and look up the meanings of "sigh" and "always."

• 1 month ago

not at all. you should gratefully accept the subsidies that China is offering to assure jobs for their people. Start being concerned when the subsidies to seize market share push into areas related to national defense .... as you know, China is quite willing to dictate to other people at the point of a gun [ask Tibet about that, or the Uighers].

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It is almost guaranteed that all the parts of the computer you are using will have a made-in-china tag. It is an ominous sign for other economies that they cannot compete in manufacturing and the reason why Amazon is so cheap.

• Dze
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

the best stuff comes.from china now lol .. seriously i dont mess around with crooked greedy american asholes on ebay unless i have to and order direct from the source, theyre usually quite honest and give you a high quality, not picked over and marked up, product ...

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Nope, it has been like that for decades. People demand cheap stuff, China makes this cheap stuff.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.