Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

We hasten to chastise atheists for their inability to understand faith and scripture, but can we consider that they may be simply retarded?

• Al
    Favorite Answer

I'm coming from the perspective that I was a Christian first before I had my Near Death experience, at 13 years old, its hard to have a real understanding what scriptures are really telling you and its even just as difficult to understand what faith really is, fast forward 40 years, I had to rethink religion, not because the experience changed my mind, but standing in the presence of Jesus changed my mind, nothing will cause you to reverse your perception until your willing to see what blinded you in the first place, Jesus just didn't tell me the answer, he showed me that I am my answer, it took better than 30 years of outward searching to find what was already within me....all I can say is, Faith is a gift from God, its already provided fully, but as with any gift, its simply a choice to receive a gift or denying it, religion requires that our gift come attached with idols that we are not aware of, idols are symbols of what we really want and there is always an idol that stands between us us and God at every level of life, what we don't know is the Holy Spirit brings our gift to our awareness when we surrender the false idolatry of this world in exchange for what we don't know..... because we know nothing but idols and egos....

Ephesians 2:8-9  For by Grace are ye saved through Faith; and THAT NOT OF YOURSELVES: It is THE GIFT OF GOD: Not of Works!, lest any man should boast.

It would be nice if everyone believed in God, but its not required, and Atheist will have it easier discovering there is a God when they return home and  are welcomed as prodigal sons into Gods arms more so than those of us who have collected a lifetime of idols to show off to God on how we earned our way to heaven, only to have God tell us, Son, did you not receive my Gift of Salvation? It was the Gift marked "FAITH" and I sent my son to tell you of this gift, but he became an idol unto humans who looked upon him with human eyes and did not see the kingdom within themselves.

No.  In truth, the only retarded thing there is, is to believe anything based on what someone said, or, to believe in something based on faith.  Without proof and evidence all you have is a claim.  And it can be dismissed as such without proof and evidence.  Faith is the excuse people give when they don't have a good reason to believe.  If you had a good reason, then you would never need to make an appeal to faith.

YOU are the retard........

• Paul

So, when they discover the truth and become Christian (as thousands do every year), their IQ increases?

trollololololol

No, but the world now knows that you are.

No, "we" do not, Einstein. Think again. I, for example, do not.

And no, not all atheists are retarded, troll.

Nobody can understand faith and scripture until God's Holy Spirit brings them to spiritual life. No Christian should chastise anyone for failing to understand faith and scripture who has not been born again of the Spirit, from above (John chapter 3). And the last thing any Christian should do is insult another person. We are to bless, and not curse. 

• wombatfreaks
      1 month agoReport

Only God can make a person a believer, so every atheist, and Muslim, Buddhist, or heretical Christian is that way because of Gods Perfect and Eternal Plan. He alone decides what punishment they deserve for not accepting Jesus. 

Atheists posing as Christians to berate atheists to make Christians look bad is sooo last week.

Why are you so dull?

• wombatfreaks
      1 month agoReport

He could be a Christian pretending to be an atheist pretending to be an Christian, have you considered that? 

From what I've seen, atheists know more about your faith than you and the other dumbfuϲk Chrtistians do.

• Fascinating answer, insofar as it raises the question: "What do their opposites, the SMARTFUCK Christians do??" Neither a thumbs UP nor DOWN from me. Just a dash of curiosity.