Why is my coworker treating me as if I’m beneath her ?

I’m a very reserved personality and my coworker is the opposite. When she first started, she was attached to me and always came to sit by me during breaks and would always wander into my work station to chit chat. I started to separate myself from her and hoped she would get the clue. She did, but then it seemed as though she was bitter by me separating myself from her. She would begin to nitpick about my work station and act like I was beneath her. I always catch her watching everything that I do and it’s super odd. Is she resentful? 

It would seem that she is to me.

Wow, you really have to ask this? You treat someone with the cold shoulder and wonder why they don't treat you kindly? Are you 12?

Most likely she is hurt by the way you treated her. If you are old enough to work you are old enough to tell someone something face to face, they shouldn't have to "get a clue". The way you acted is childish and rude.

probably. wouldn't you be if someone did the same to you?