Why does my laptop frequently disconnect from my wi-fi?
- 4 weeks ago
When your laptop keeps dropping out from your wireless network, the first thing you should try is to restart your laptop and router This helps you reset your network settings and fix your network.
- Boris 24Lv 71 month ago
The problem might be in:
1. Network driver (update it)2. Networrk Identification card is faulty.Then you need to buy USB Wireless Network adapter.
- DavidLv 71 month ago
You may be getting interference from neighbouring wireless signals.
1)Change the broadcast channel on the router to channel to a less congested one than the current. You can download netstumbler or inssider (google them) and they will display the broadcast channels of any neighbouring wifi networks
2)Turn off any baby alarms cordless phones wireless doorbells as these use the same 2.4Ghz frequency
3)Update the firmware of the router and drivers for your PC/laptop
4)if you are at the limits of the wifi range consider a wifi mesh system or moving closer to the router
5) Poor quality router and/or wifi adapter. This is especially true of ISP supplied routers and cheap laptops that have N150 wifi cards fitted
- DaveLv 71 month ago
1. Your laptop wifi is faulty
2. Your router is dying
3. The channel you have your wifi on is saturated, and causing you to lose connection.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Spiny NormanLv 71 month ago
Check there are no metal objects or speakers near your
Router, or other conflicting routers.
The problem will be with the router or your provider.
- BarryLv 41 month ago
Poor signal or too far from router. Laptop wifi card is faulty.