Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Can you plan a baby at 13?

I’m 13 going in 14 in March. I want to plan a baby (with my crushes consent, of course. If it worked, what is the my parents would kick me out. Also, is it possible to continue school after (I’m homeschooled). Also, I just got offered a job, so that is taken cared of.

You have to be 16 for jobs. No 13 year old is capable of managing a baby, for that matter, no 19 year old is. 

A bad idea all the way around.

I say wait until you finish schooling before having a baby. Even if your parents are wealthy enough to have you homeschooled, you need to stand on your own two feet financially to raise a kid for the next 18 years.

And why the rush to have a baby at age 13? You should spend your teen years studying, hanging out with friends, playing video games and just having fun.

yeah, plan on somone else raising it cause ur too immature..u can also plan on ur vag being demolished--u really want 8 pounds of baby messing up ur vag? nope..now stop thinking about this kinda junk and do something with ur life. Dont be a selfish kid, u think a baby really wants a 13 yr old for a parent--hell no..

Psss.i know ur trolling, now get ur homeschooled a$$ back in there and hit the books!

That's a very bad idea sweetie.  As soon as you are up the duff he will be out the door.  But even if he stays he will be in trouble with the law.  How old is he, you didn't say?  It sounds like you are rebelling against over zealous religious parents (homeschooled).

I'm guessing you can't ask your friends because most will be from church.  Try to seek some confidential medical advice, or advice from a trusted adult, preferably a professional person, before you end up potentially ruining your life.

• e9601:

I hope you're a troll. If not, you yourself are a baby. Stop thinking about sex and having a kid. You have no clue as to what life is.

You may think its a wonderful idea now, but after it is said and done you are saddled with a child for at least 18 years!

I can almost guarantee you 100% that it will get old quick!

• helene

You have no right to do this to your parents. This is life-ruining, marriage-destroying stuff you're planning to impose on them.

Go talk to them. If THEY say it's okay for you to get pregnant under their roof at 13, THEN you can go beg your crush to get you pregnant. 

You have NO idea how stupid and desperate you sound.

You need to do a lot of growing up emotionally and physically before you have a kid. And you DAMN well don't know enough about living in the World as you THINK you do. Not the least is you have a "crush" not a boyfriend or God forbid, a husband.

• NY_Nightowl
      1 month agoReport

little animal. You are a nutter.  Assuming that mommy will be a babysitter is just pure insanity.  Most likely you'll be forced to put the poor child up for adoption.  

• Kelly

A 13 year old having a job requires a work permit that their parents need to sign.

It's physically possible to have a baby at your age but is not wise to.  

Who is watching the baby while you work?

Aside from the obvious you're too young and can't financially provide for a child your body is still growing and childbirth at a young age can be deadly.  

Also if you're unable to provide for the child and your parents are unwilling..  the state can take the baby.  If you were homeless, the state can place both you and the baby into foster care and there's no guarantee you'd be placed in the same home.

Your plan should be finishing school.   Most places will not even hire you if you are underage.  Without some sort of work permit, which is sign by parent/school. Second, most places would require you to have a least a GED / High school diploma to have a job. 

God I hope you are not serious.  You should not be even thinking about kids, you are a child yourself.   

• helene
      1 month agoReport

So you might only be working an hour or  two a week, and you think that will pay for a baby.