Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 1 month ago

Do u agree? You should never send money to your internet friends whom you have never met in your real life?

As long as your internet friends ask you to send money to them, no matter what excuses they have used to justify it, this should be a great red flag that they are extremely likely to be scammers

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

yes, agree.......................

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Absolutely agree!  Someone I used to work with got scammed for over $100,000 by a person on Facebook.  They never met face to face.  Co-worker had to file bankruptcy.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

STOP TROLL.............................

• Vicki
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I disagree. I used to have a friend - never met the guy - who moved from Jersey to Texas and he was struggling. I was working making a lot of money. He never directly asked for money. But when he would stream on twitch I would donate large amounts of money to help him out. And I would sometimes send him pizzas from Pizza Hut. Not a scam, not a red flag. He was a friend, he struggled.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • y
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Even if you have met them, it doesn't mean you know them, which means money, shouldn't ever enter into it. You want to pay for everything when you meet, fine, give some cash at the time, fine, just don't expect to see it again.  I don't know about the scammers part, we all have trouble at one point or another and will reach out to anyone we think can help. So no, not all scammers.

• 1 month ago

Absolutely.

A story from another website:

A woman said her friend met someone from Wales named John on Christian Mingle.  For months, he led her on; eventually using words like "love", "together forever" and "marriage".  She was smitten.

Then one day, he acted quite distraught.  It seems that a business deal that he was involved in was about to bad because he was short $75,000.  She felt bad for him and, since they were going to be together anyway, she borrowed the money from her 401k and sent it to him.  She never heard from him again.

His name wasn't John.  He wasn't in Wales and every photo she had of him was lifted from some else's Facebook page.

Be smart.  

• 1 month ago

Probably a good idea, but there are exceptions.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.