jimmy asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

Can brain eating amoeba be in shower. ?

Let’s say I wash my hair and water gets up my nose in the shower could I get brain eating amoeba from that ?

You be heard cases of people with Neti pots getting it from tap water is tap water not the same as the one in the shower ?

say no to drugs...........

• Roddy

Where do you think shower water comes from? It's only tap water that has been heated.

Unless you are in a third-world country (where water almost certainly isn't on tap) the water supply is chlorinated so there will be no amoeba in it (brain eating or otherwise).

You are in absolutely NO danger, even if water got right up your nose.

• Braaainz1 month agoReport

There was actually a case recently in Seattle where someone used tap water with their neti pot and contacted a brain amoeba

There's only been like one case of brain amoebas from a neti pot (Seattle Washington)

That is where a person took contaminated tap water, had only run it they a cheap Brita filter (basically a charcoal filter) and poured it up their nose.

You were washing your hair with (I'm assuming hot water) that had been heated in your home's water heater. You got a small amount of that water up your nose. 

You'll be totally fine. 

• John

Not if you wear shipping tape on your feet and legs.

It's the neti pots that weren't clean.