Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 9 months ago

Smelled a dead mouse in a trap under my stove/oven..  I put it in a bag with latex gloves and washed hands.  Now what?

I don’t know how long it’s been dead. I took out the drawer under the oven (with lids, cheese grater, and a few other odds and ends).  There were droppings in the drawer.

Favorite Answer

Wash all the stuff and reset the trap and put it at the back of the drawer on the floor for another one.   Put stuff back in drawer.   Pull the drawer out completely daily to check to see if the trap goes off.  When it does, you will have caught fresh meat...that has not had time to rot.

Reset trap and continue the trapping effort.   Every mouse knows where the oven is and that is where the food particles are.  So you will continue to get visitor until they are all gone. and the trap never goes off.

• Eva

Clean the drawer and wash all the items that were in it.

clean the drawer and all its contents.

Why you put a dead mouse, latex gloves and a severed pair of washed hands into a bag confuses the hell out of me. Are you mad?

What exactly is your question ? What is it that you want to know ? Please be speficic.

• drip

Wash utinsels in the dishwasher.

Wipe every down with bleach water.

Wash the gloves you used.

Try not to use inhuman traps! And check them often.

The obvious thing to do is to now clean everything in that drawer, plus the drawer itself, and clean up all the droppings you can find. 

Then buy at least a couple of simple mouse traps like the traditional and cheap Little Nipper, set them on a hair trigger and bait them with peanut butter. Place them right up against the wall somewhere hidden but accessible and check them daily. Or you could just leave the traps for now and check daily for fresh mouse droppings. If they appear get the traps, if they don’t then you’re clear.