Why is my coworker treating me as if I’m beneath her?

’m a very reserved personality and my coworker is the opposite. When she first started, she was attached to me and always came to sit by me during breaks and would always wander into my work station to chit chat. I am very quiet and don’t like a lot of socializing. I need all of my concentration on my work so when people come over to chit chat I get distracted. I started to separate myself from her and hoped she would get the clue. I wasn’t trying to be mean but I hoped she would sense that she should back up a bit. She did, but then it seemed as though she was bitter by me separating myself from her. She would begin to nitpick about my work station and act like I was beneath her. I always catch her watching everything that I do and it’s super odd and she seems to relish in my mistakes. Was I wrong? 

• Chanel

If she relishes on your mistakes then she is a spiteful person who is to be avoided.

The problem is her and not you so just do your job to the best of your ability and do not take any notice of her.