Antonio asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

I look so young venting ?

I’m a 27 year old male and someone would believe me if I told them I was 18 years old. Everyone guesses between 18-23. Usually getting about 19-20 as a guess 

No idea why I am so cursed but I am. I am only 5ft8 so that’s one reason, I can’t grow facial hair so that’s the second reason, third reason is that I’m pretty lean.. 150 pounds of muscle so without my shirt people may think I’m a bit older but with a shirt on it covers everything and I just look skinny .. hoping to continue working out and hitting 160 pounds of muscle this year maybe that’ll make a difference? The last reason is my face just looks effing young !! I have a jaw line but it doesn’t matter.. I can’t pinpoint it but overall my face looks sort of kid like. 

Definitely not a testosterone problem because I lift a lot of weight (245 pounds on the bench press 1 rep max, and 6 reps on 225 pounds proper form the entire time) 

I guess I’m really pale as well so that’s another thing to make me look young. Legs are super skinny so all my weight is on my upper body maybe that doesn’t help either.

Ugh putting on weight is tough for me but I went from 135 to 150 this year by increasing my calories and working out hard. Hoping I can jump to 160 within the next year 

Any tips or similar experiences or maybe just positive thoughts to help lift my spirit ? 

• KaleyK
    Favorite Answer

I have a similar problem, I'm 24, a military veteran, and going to college.  People that don't know me guess I am 16 or 17.  I'm trim built, barely have boobs, so I understand why they make that guess.  The answer for both of us to just love the way we are.  When I was in my growing years, wondering what I might end up looking like, my father often told me .... "You're perfect, just the way I made you".  It was his way of promoting self esteem.  If we look 6 or 7 years younger than we are, oh well, let's just love ourselves exactly as we are.  Your weight lifting is great for health (impressive numbers) but don't lift weights in an effort to change how you look.  Love exactly what you are.

• Antonio1 month agoReport

Thanks for the advice.l/kind words. If that’s you in the profile pic then you do look young but I wouldn’t say 16/17.  I’d say early 20’s. Very pretty too 

That's not a bad thing. It's good to look young. You'll appreciate it as you get older. People always tell me i look younger too. If i don't wear makeup i apparently look like im 12 but when i put eyeliner and mascara on they think im 18-19 years old. I'm 27 im less than three years away from turning 30 so those comments don't bother me lol. Just think of it as a good thing.

Same. It can get awkward when I have to tell people I am not in high school anymore and am in fact 26 years old. It was especially awkward when someone who I think was younger than me asked about school (like what grade I was in or something) and he was embarrassed after I told him my age. It can be funny too though. I remember when I was around 23 and after I told the cashier my age she was like "omg you are old enough to drink booze!". 

Really overall though I don't mind at all. Its not a bad thing. Hopefully I always look 8 years younger (or more I wouldn't mind that at all) than I am. 

I told someone my age again today because it came up and she was like "but you look like a baby!". I just find this funny honestly. It only gets awkward if the person gets embarrassed. 

I always had a young face. I'm in my late forties now and am still being hit on by women aged 20's-50's pretty regularly.

Eat healthy, exercise, avoid excessive alcohol/drugs and that youthful appearance will pay off time and time again

• Carson

You won't be complaining about looking young when you hit 60.