kevin asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

im 46 i have poor memory it has affected my whole life i had trouble learning when i was young what could the cause be?

These days of chemicals in the air all over the world, Age has little to do with memory loss.

• Carson

Memory is acquired differently for different people. You may not be able to retain what you read. Are there things you can remember? Do you remember lyrics, music or how something goes together?

Do you realize "Hey, I remember this?" Or do you sort of just flow along with the current not realizing much of anything?

It's that time in your life to learn you. Start paying attention to things more. Is there something that just clicks for you? Numbers?

Better your self. Make a resolution to read one book a week.

You should be tested by a clinician for Attention Deficit Disorder.

I'm not a Dr and it's all a guess. I believe everyone is good at at least one thing. You just haven't found your passion. You won't find it sitting and wondering. Go look. Try things. LIVE LIFE

There are a whole range of possible reasons.

I could list a few, but it may well be that none are correct or that you'll identify with the wrong one. If you really want to know the reason, then it would be better to be tested by a specialist.