I spend most of my time in my dorm by myself. I want to be social and make friends but it isn’t working out. ?

I just started my second semester of freshmen year in College. I made a few acquaintances last semester and hung out with them a few times, but that’s it. Most of the time I was in my room. I would and currently go most places on campus by myself. I like my alone time but not 24 /7 and I don’t like looking like a loner. I really only talk to my roommate,( we have become good friends) and my group from high school. I see all my friends from high school posting on Snapchat etc, hanging out with people all the time and always going out on the weekends. I know social media can be deceiving but still. Some times the only person I have talk to all day are my parents on the phone. 

Favorite Answer

if u want to be social u should go out and talk to other people. or connect first on social media and then meet for coffee or go somewhere and do smth. if u sit alone in your room u re never going to make any friends.

I think you must be mighty shy. You got to learn how to speak to people. What would you rate yourself on looks?

• Ace Shorty
      1 month agoReport

the guys you have classes with in college, you don't have to go after 
      THE guy just some other guy. Usually most people do have friends and you can get in with them through a friend. Do you think you have a good sense of humor?

• Mandy

Well, get out of your dorm and go talk to people.  The first place you would make friends would be in your classes, I would think.  And when you go to breakfast or dinner.

Education>partying