Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

is 6 lb. of heroin a lot of heroin?

was reading a local news story about how a "major drug bust" happened and they found 6 lb. of heroin. and it was worth over $ 500,000 . is that right?

why it is so expensive? 6 lb?

Update:

what is "heroin" made of ? why so expensive?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Heroin is a painkiller similar to Morphene developed by Bayer Pharmaceuticals in Germany in the late 19th Century.

It is derived from Opium and is chronically addictive. 

It was made illegal globally early in the 20th century and has been made underground ever since. 

The reason it is so expensive is those who are addicted to the stuff will pay large sums of money for it, if they don't get their fix they become ill, very ill. 

All opiates are addictive and should never be used unless you are in extreme pain. 

• 4 weeks ago

In my house that is considered personal use, although I would share with personal friends if I had that much.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

50,000 doses             

Source(s): 50,000 doses
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It’s economics 101. Supply and demand. Heroin is a very addictive drug and you have a very addictive customer so they pay for it. 

If you wanna know how it’s made there are plenty of YouTube videos explaining it. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Considering that a stamp bag might go for $50, yes, 6 lb.s is a lit of heroin.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.