Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 1 month ago

My Chromebook laptop is being weird?

I have had my laptop for over a year now and have had no problems up until earlier today. There appears to be a random clicking at the middle right of the screen. There is no noise it just clicks messes with the website. For example, if I where to have a full screen YouTube video playing, the video would pause with intervals anywhere from two seconds to a full minute. All I have been able to really understand about this problem is it's somewhere in the screen. Does anyone have a fix for this? I've already tried turning it off and on again. 

Your mouse is one of the most important input devices, however, many users reported issues with their mouse. Speaking of issues, users reported the following problems:

Mouse moving and clicking on its own – This is a pretty strange issue, and it’s mostly caused by your touchpad. To fix the problem, simply change your touchpad settings and the issue will be resolved.

Mouse keeps clicking twice, when held down, randomly, when typing, jumping and clicking – There are various problems that can occur with your mouse, but you should be able to fix most of these issues with one of our solutions.

My mouse keeps triple clicking, double clicking – If your mouse keeps clicking randomly, it’s possible that you have remote control software running in the background. Simply delete that software and the issue should be fixed.

Mouse is clicking automatically – Sometimes this problem can occur due to Click Lock feature. Simply disable this feature and the problem should be permanently resolved.

Solution 1 – Clean your mouse and connect it to a different port

Sometimes a bit of dust can cause this problem to appear, and if that happens, just open your mouse and clean it with pressurised air. If the problem still persists, you might want to try connecting your mouse to a different USB port.

If that doesn’t work, you might want to swap your left and right mouse button and check if the issue reappears. To do that, follow these steps:

Open the Settings app.

Go to Devices section.

Select Mouse from the menu on the left. Now set Select your primary button to Right.