My 45 yr old husband is, all the sudden craving candy/chocolates. He normally buys a candy bar and sticks it in the fridge for weeks. ?

Update:

I'm wondering if there is some medical issue that this could be? He's not overweight at all.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

as the body changes with age a lot of men get candy cravings, it's normal, i'm guessing the buying it when he craves it but leaving in the fridge for weeks means he's just as confused by it as you are.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Maybe he has a sweet tooth and has cravings from time to time. I would also check his blood sugar.

• 1 month ago

It could be low blood sugar, have him check and see if it's high or low! If low take him to the doctor! Maintaining your blood sugar is important!

• 1 month ago

The correct phrase is all of a sudden

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Buy him the good stuff. 

• CB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

IF he cut back or quite the consumption of alcohol the sweets craving could be a side affect of the carb deficiency. 

• 1 month ago

If he's changing his diet otherwise as a New Years resolution to lose weight or be healthy, what happens is the rubber band effect. The less you eat the more your blood sugar drops and the more and fattier and sugary foods you crave and usually end up eating.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Sudden sugar cravings can be a sign of insulin resistance. Insulin resistance is the name given to when cells of the body don't respond properly to the hormone insulin. Insulin resistance is the driving factor that leads to type 2 diabetes and prediabetes.

• 1 month ago

they are so good.

and they taste better after a half day out of the fridge.

Plz dont wory about this .

There is no medical issue.

Sugar is good for boost.

At least hes not a drunk. or druggie.

be happy.

i know for a fact he doesnt drink much, and would rather fake laugh.

• Uh oh. Sounds like he's pregnant.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.