Does music run in your family? Does anyone in your family play drums, piano, etc?

My dad played the piano - mostly classical and a little jazz.  My sibling and I took piano lessons for a while  but were never much good. 

My father plays the piano and the guitar, my mother plays the bass, my younger brother plays the drums, my older brother plays the keyboard and the guitar, my grandfather sings in a choir. we could start a family band if we wanted

Gaudio is my cousin, he's been the drummer for Frankie Valle and The Four Seasons for over 50 years. The drummer for Bill Halley and The Comets is a friend, Grew up with neighbors like Toto, went to school with the drummer for Creedence Clearwater Revival. I played from 67 to 70, went over to bass for a few then rhythm and now lead for 40 plus years. Just did a sit-down on drums to the Guns and Roses greatest hits. Once you learn correctly you will never lose the touch. 

• Jim

I took guitar lessons when I was a young kid. I regret not keeping up with it.  My second son plays the drums. For a while he taught drums to young students.  He plays in a band from time to time.

Nope.  I'm the family "strumjock."  My oldest brother brought home a guitar one day, but never made much headway in trying to play it.  I grabbed it & tried playing it right-handed (I'm left-handed).  I showed him "C major."  Then I showed him "G Seventh".  He got that, & had already forgotten the "C".  So he just gave the guitar to me.  After a couple of days, I decided I could make better headway playing it upside-down & backwards.  Then, I got ambitious & reversed the strings & I was off to the races.     

• Tony B

My grandfather, who I never knew, was choirmaster at a local church. My mother's sisters both played piano well. My mother was the youngest and had started piano lessons but hated them. Apparently they just couldn't face having to almost force another child to go for lessons and let her stop going!

Lots of other family members have shown themselves to be “musical” when younger but gave up playing when they became older.

I'm not close to the rest of my family but so far as I know none of them play anything now.

Most have died. But yes, they played piano, guitar and uke well.

My mom and I have been the only serious (though amateur) musicians out of six. One sister played a little guitar for a brief time when she was in college and my brother plays a little bit of piano, or did.

Yes. I can play the piano with just my right hand. As long as the music only contains notes for the treble clef, I can play the song. If the sheet contains the bass clef then I can’t play the song. 

• Mamianka
      1 month agoReport

We can fix that in a couple of lessons.  Easy!

I play the piano and my brothers and sisters too. My father plays acoustic guitar and my mother plays the piano.