Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 months ago

Are 'faith' and 'wisdom' synonyms?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Faith can be wise, but they are not synonymous. Wisdom is about "practical" knowledge. It's where intellectually you know your wife is wrong, but with wisdom, you know it's best if you agree she is correct. Wisdom is also about knowing when there are exceptions to regular knowledge, that's why it is called "practical" knowledge. Faith is just about "trusting" something or someone, where often times that faith is misplaced.

• 8 months ago

This is a good question!

I had to "Ask God" (James 1:5) before answering this one!

Seeing "...according as God has dealt to (((EVERY MAN))) the measure of FAITH" (Romans 12:3) that is a "Spiritual gift" (I Corinthians 12:9) received after Holy Spirit baptism (I Corinthians 12:13) 

BUT 

We have to "Ask God for wisdom" (James 1:5) 

or God wouldn't need to "Set some in THE CHURCH" (I Corinthians 12:28) to "EDIFY THE CHURCH" (Ephesians 4:11-13) because everyone although Holy Spirit baptized (I Corinthians 12:13) would already be "wise."

For example, that's why Paul continued to return to Corinthians so many times writing letters and in person to the point he said 

"If I have to come to you again I won't spare you" (II Corinthians 13:2) although all Christians (I Corinthians 12:11-12) had been baptized with the Holy Ghost (I Corinthians 12:13)!

Peter and Paul wouldn't have had the dispute over "circumcision" (Galatians 2) either if both had "wisdom" yet both had been Holy Spirit baptized! 

But Paul received "revelation" from God (Galatians 2:2) and Peter "Heard His Shepherd's voice" (John 10:27) speaking through Paul! :)

"Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not;

neither decline from the words of My mouth"

(Proverbs 4:5). 

Consequently, one "Gets wisdom" when they "Ask God" (James 1:5) rather than "according as God has dealt to (((EVERY MAN))) the measure of FAITH" (Romans 12:3) that is a "Spiritual gift" (I Corinthians 12:9) received after Holy Spirit baptism (I Corinthians 12:13) 

Therefore; NOT SYNONYMOUS!

"He that walketh with wise men shall be wise:

but a companion of fools shall be destroyed" (Proverbs 13:20).

• 8 months ago

From a dictionary:

faithnoun: faith    1.    complete trust or confidence in someone or something.    "this restores one's faith in politicians"       2.    strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.  

==================================

wis·domnoun: wisdom    the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgment; the quality of being wise.        

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Wisdom has more to do with discernment, being able to distinguish good from evil, true from false, a smart choice from a foolish choice

Faith has more to do with trust (belief in). Not all faith is wise. Where we put our faith, shows our wisdom or lack of it. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Wisdom is wise dominion, the use of understanding to rule your world with kindness. 

Faith is needed to access some of that wisdom.

(2) Jesus said: He who seeks, let him not cease seeking until he finds; and when he finds he will be troubled, and when he is troubled he will be amazed, and he will reign over the All.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Errr, no.                                    .....................

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

No but we can gain wisdom through faith 

• Petter
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

No, not even close.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.