Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 1 month ago

What's the point in owning an iPad?

I feel like an iPad is in between an iPhone and a laptop, so if you have both of the what is the actual point of having an iPad? (What it's handy for, not necessities)

• keerok

If you don't see the point then don't get one. Just don't insinuate that it's useless.

An iPad is very handy (and a life-saver) when my autistic son suddenly runs out of power on both his phone and Android tablet and he happens to be outside far from home so he borrows my wife's Galaxy Tab which then relegates my wife to using the iPad. We have a bag for all of those gadgets. We call it the "Entertainment Package". I forgot to add, my son also has a portable DVD player which still gets a lot of action especially when going on a long drive. Yes, the iPad is the bottom of the barrel but useful nonetheless.

smaller and faster for simpler tasks such as reading the news online

I own a laptop, phone, and iPad. I use all three every single day, the phone the least.

Display size matters, especially if you're watching a movie or considering a purchase. You need to be able to see details at a level the phone may not allow, even with maximum zoom.

Because people spend their money as they see fit.

Why people would squander their money on an iPhone or iPad when there are far better alternatives on the market is beyond me.  But as I say, to each their own.