Do i have breast cancer?

I have a lump in my breast which is growing quite slowly and is a tiny little lump on the outside. My skin has also reddened and looks like it has minuscule veins running through it. I'm to afraid to ask my mother to take me to a doctors since i'm afraid ill be wrong 

the wetter my breast, the more I can feel the lump.

• lo_mcg
    Favorite Answer

At 14 your chances of developing breast cancer are statistically zero. 

In two years, when you’re 16, your chances of breast cancer will skyrocket to one in 1.3million; this means that your chances of being struck by lightning will be nearly three times as high at one in 500,000. 

0.1% of people diagnosed with breast cancer are under 30, and only 5% are under 40

Your breasts are still developing; changes in  developing breasts, including lumps and bumps, are almost certainly normal hormonal development.

Even in women old enough for breast cancer most breast lumps are not cancer; 80% of lumps considered suspicious enough for testing are found to be non-cancerous.

Talk to your mother; if she is concerned she’ll take you to a doctor, but she will probably be able to reassure you. Breast cancer lumps are within the breast, not on it, and there’s no redness or anything to see.

Source(s): When diagnosed with breast cancer I was allocated to the breast cancer nurse whose special interest was ‘ breast cancer in younger women’ - because I was only 50

If you have to ask your mother, that means you are very, very young. So the chance its breast cancer is very small.

puberty can cause lumps.

Sounds like an infection.You need to see a doctor.

Breast cancer is classified by the kind of tissue in which it starts and by the extent of its spread. Cancer can start in the milk glands, milk ducts, fatty tissue, or connective tissue. Different types of breast cancers progress differently. Generalizations about particular types are based on similarities in how they're discovered, how they progress, and how they're treated. Some grow very slowly and spread to other parts of the body(metastasize) only after they become very large. Others are more aggressive, growing and spreading quickly. However, the same type of cancer may progress differently in different woman. Only a health care provider who has examined a woman and taken her medical history can discuss specific aspects ofbreast cancer as they apply to her.

In situ carcinoma, which means cancer in place, is an early cancer that hasn't invaded or spread beyond its point of origin. In situ carcinoma accounts for more than 15 %of all breast cancers diagnosed in the USA. About 90%  of all breast cancers start in the milk ducts or milk glands. Ductal carcinoma in situ starts in the walls of the milk ducts. It can develop before or after menopause. This type of cancer occasionally can be felt as a lump and may appear as tiny specks of calcium deposits ( microcalcifications) on mammograms. Ductal carcinoma in situ  is often detected by mammography before its large enough to be felt .Its usually confined to a specific area of the breast and can be totally removed by surgery. If only the ductal carcinoma in situ is removed about 25-35 % of women develop invasive cancer, usually in the same breast.

Lobular carcinoma in site which starts in the milk glands, usually develops before menopause. This type of cancer, which can't be felt or seen on mammograms, is usually found incidentally on mammography during investigation of a lump or other abnormality that is not lobular carcinoma in situ. Between 25-35 % of women who have it develop invasive breast cancer eventually--- sometimes after as long as 40 years in the same or opposite breast or in both.

Invasive breast cancers, which can spread to and destroy other tissues may be localized or metastatic about 80 % of invasive breast cancers are ductal and about 10% are lobular. The prognosis for ductal and lobular invasive cancers is similar. Other, less common types of cancer, such as medullary carcinoma and tubular carcinoma have some what better prognosis.

Usually, breast pain without a lump is not a symptom,,, however many women have had cancer and pain without a lump.. At 1st a woman has no symptoms of breast cancer .Most common is a lump which usually feels distinctly different from the surrounding breast tissue. In more than 80 % of breast cancer cases, the woman discovers the lump herself. Scattered, lumpy  changes in the breast, especially the upper, outer region, usually aren't cancerous. A firmer, distinctive thickening that appears in one breast but not the other may be a sign of cancer.

In the early stages, the lump may move freely beneath the skin when its pushed with the fingers. In more advanced stages, the lump usually adheres to the chest wall or the skin over it. In these cases, the lump can't be moved at all or it can't be moved separately from the skin over it.In advanced cancer, swollen bumps or festering sores may develop on the skin. Sometimes, the skin over the lump is dimpled and leathery and looks like the skin of an orange except for the color.

Because breast cancer rarely produces symptoms in its early stages, screening is especially important. Finding the disease early increases the likelihood of successful treatment...….Routine self- examinations, mammographys, ..

Tell your mom so you can get this ck over so what if your wrong its better to be sorry than not know and have this develop more .Tell you mother asap!

Source(s): nurse
  • LAN

No.  You are just an idiot and a hypochondriac.  

Did you create this account just to troll this question Mr Right?

• LAN
      4 weeks agoReport

No.  I am an honest person that gets tired of you idiots that constantly post whiny pity me nonsense.

• Stella

Whatever it is it's certainly worth getting checked.

• lo_mcg
      4 weeks agoReport

Yes, it sounds like a boil or a zit. Breast cancer lumps are within the breast, not on it
      Plus, of course, the chances of a 14 year old developing breast cancer are statistically zero

I need a picture for more info

• VeraLaeo1 month agoReport

I cannot give you one