Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 4 weeks ago

My wife cheated on me???

Me and my wife have been married 12 years,  and we have 2 kids.  My wife just turned 27 but i recently found out she slept with another guy from work.  The guy was apperantly 24 years old and he began having feelings for my wife.  They worked together all the time.  Everything seems perfect between us and we known eachother since high school

I dont understand how my wife would just cheat on me with a younger guy???????  I feel soo confused and lost!!!

Can i please have advice????????  

• K M

Well, if your math is correct, she's just sewing a few wild oats. It's nothing to worry about. After she has enough different guys, she'll make up her mind and she might chose you. Just stay cool, hang lose, buy her cute clothes, don't be jealous, brush up on your oral presentation, and do whatever she tells you to do when she gets home late. You've got better than a 50% chance here. 

Did she at least have a bunch of new ideas to try?

• Lili

I think you're a troll. For one thing, you're claiming to have married your wife when she was only 15. For another, what's the big deal with the guy's age?  There's nothing strange about a 27-year-old and a 24-year-old getting together.  You're making an implausible fuss about his age.

You have no future in fiction, dear.

If your wife just turned 27 then and you've been married for 12 years she would possibly have been 14 or possibly younger when you got married, or am I wrong? Feels as though there's a troll at work here. 

• Alan H

Advice is easy but not necessarily helpful 

Much depends on how highly you value your relationship. Marriage is worth working on, if you want to.

Of course, you need to talk openly. Was her action a one off?  Does she regret it?  Have you, maybe, not been as affectionate as you might have been.

My advice, for what it is worth, is try to rebuild.

Maybe seek marriage enrichment support 

• mico

Why do you care so much about the age? Like would it have been okay if he was older?

You think it would have been better if the guy was older than you. 

• Ricky

It's cool bro. Your only insecure bro. Your just paranoid

maybe you shouldnt be married to her if shes going to do that

• Murzy

Unfortunately, she will probably do it again not matter how she promises it won't happen again. You might try marriage counseling but unless she leaves her job and distances herself from him, it won't work. Sorry but I talk from experience.