Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

What do you think of parents who ignore depression in their kids?

Are they fake or real?

The problem is depression is invisible unlike a bullet wound but they can both be deadly.

• Mini

They may not take it seriously or they are in denial. 

Most people think it's just a thing teenagers go through. That it's just a part o puberty and it will pass. But that's not always the case.

It can be hard for parents and other adults to know when a child is depressed. An irritable or angry mood might seem like a bad attitude or disrespect. https://learning.covoji.com/growth/five-simple-way...

Crisis team know I overdosed and went up to the bridge to jump off it but because I backed out they don’t take me seriously They’re not sectioning me either and saying they can’t force me to get treated when I’m trying to push for a discharge but threaten to breach confidentiality. They keep trying to stop me from discharging myself from them.

Parents may or may not be qualified in mental health but will be supportive once they find out the severity and causes of the depression.

Well I grew up with two depressed parents so depression was a normal thing...

• Alfred

well, it depends on what you/ one call/s fake and real, respectively....

their ignoring their kids' depression may be very real/ non- faked  and stemming from unawareness  and from their being unminded  to the very topic of depression or so....

one-  fortunately or unfortunately doesn't need a license or to meet these or other  criteria to  be a parent...

I think its worse to pump kids full of mind altering meds that they will probably be dependent on for life. Depression is overdiagnosed both in kids and adults.

• atomic fireball
      1 month agoReport

I’m glad somebody understands that...They’re giving these drugs to kids at younger and younger ages and the rate of people  going on disability benefits because of damage from these drugs has increased over the years. These drugs can cause brain damage and permanent disability. It’s been documented 

I don’t know what’s worse.... the parents who ignore depression in their kids or the ones who just send them off to the psychiatrist to be given all sorts of neurotoxic brain damaging drugs which just  makes their situation worse. That’s what they did to me when I was younger. Misdiagnosed and given neurotoxic drugs that ruined my life by an old man psychiatrist. You’d be better off going to a naturopath. They won’t give you neurotoxic drugs that will destroy your life but can help you.